Moray West is being developed to provide a secure and reliable source of energy without creating gasses associated with global warming, and without producing nuclear waste.
- Consent for construction of wind farm and marine export cable granted in 2019
- Connection to National Grid at Blackhillock substation with a new substation at Whitehillock to step up voltage, both within Moray.
- Underground cables from landfall by Sandend in Aberdeenshire to substations.
- Total underground export cable corridor route 96km (65km offshore and 31km onshore).
- Up to 275 km of inter array cables between connecting the turbines.
- Total wind farm area – 225km2.
- Maximum turbine rotor diameter – 265m.
- Minimum distance from shore – 22.5km.